Sunday, November 10, 2013

HOW TO THROW A COOL DINSOAUR THEMED BIRTHDAY PARTY



Boys really love parties, and for dinosaur lovers (like my son) they will certainly want a dinosaur themed party.
In order to make this experience enjoyable for both my son and his friends there were a few simple things needed.  I did find it easier to list and shop without my son in tow.  My husband would not call me the most organized person in the world, but when it comes to parties, everything is organized and planned out. However as a 7 year old, he certainly has an opinion on what to include and what not to include for his dinosaur party. Because it is my HIS party, he should have a voice.

I usually hunt on Etsy for the perfect invitation.  But found some on Zazzle.com. Also feel free to look on other blogs (like my blog) for ideas. And of course Pinterest! I know often people use e-vites and that is fine too. It does save time of having to purchase stamps, address each invitation and then put it in the mail. However, I still like mailing them. Or you can have your son hand them out at school. Just be careful to not exclude others from the party. Or if you do--make sure that they aren't aware. Most teachers frown upon handing out invitations to a "select" few. 







Thanks Zazzle.com and blovelyevents.com

Dinosaur themed party decorations are a must. They can purchased online, at stores and some can be easily crafted at home with craft paper.  As I have said many times before, I am not crafty but I often look on Pinterest on Etsy for inspiration. I love the idea of little boys stomping around in dinosaur feet and roaring. Watch out or T-rex! Or if that is not up your alley, perhaps a dinosaur mask, dinosaur bones or cast fossil.  I found all of these neat ideas here 






At my son's school they have "healthy" parties only. I am not against fruits and veggies but I LOVE sweets and so does my son. So at his parties we tend to have a balance. There are fruits and veggies as well as chips, ice cream etc. The important part to having a successful party is the food!
Below photos courtesy of catchmyparty.com Be sure to check out the blow for other great food ideas.




Decoration can be any color scheme that your son choices.  We often stick with greens and blues.  Tables are covered and balloons hung. Putting balloons on the mailbox helps party goers know exactly which house is the having the birthday party.





Play dinosaur related games; like pin the tail on the dinosaur. This NEVER gets old! Provide them with digging tools so they can dig through rocks for a dinosaur bones and dinosaur treasure.  
Courtesy of Inspirtebyfamilia blog
Courtesy of Karapartyideas

We all love party favors right? Party favors can include dinosaur toys, Dinosaur stickers, orange and green candies and balloons.  Or even dinosaur crayons! Making dinosaur crayons as party favors is simple and easy. Also others moms will thank you for not sending home "junk" with their son.
Here are step by step instructions:

In the end just make sure that your son has a great time! And so often as mom's we run around the party  trying to make sure everyone is having a good time, or straighten up, or breaking fights that we don't take time to relax and enjoy the party.  Make sure you take a moment to take a picture with the birthday boy!





No comments:

Post a Comment